How to Pay | Secure Online Portal
Cape Insights offers you a safe and secure online payment system.
Transactions are processed through PayGate, a 3rd party secure payment portal that protects your bank details and personal information by keeping them in a secure environment.
Your credit card details are not seen or stored by Cape Insights.
PayGate is approved by FNB, a division of First Rand Bank Limited, Cape Insights’ authorised financial services and credit provider. It supports MasterCard Secure Code and is Verified-by-Visa (3D Secure) authentication.
In South Africa, all banks and e-commerce merchants are mandated to implement 3D Secure Transfer for all credit card transactions where a card is not present at the time of purchase.
See here for more about this regulation. And here for suggestions on how to have this enabled in the USA.
We accept Visa and MasterCard credit cards.
Transactions are processed in South African rands (ZAR).
There are no hidden conversion fees, only those fees charged by your own bank, since all bank charges incurred are for your own account, irrespective of mode of payment.
There is a supplementary fee to offset SA bank charges for Custom Tours & Add On Tours in line with standard industry practice.
International card holders will see the converted amount reflected in their own currency on their bank statement.
How the payment process works
- Cape Insights will email you an invoice for the amount due, indicating whether it is a deposit,
balance of payment or the full amount
- Shortly after this, you’ll receive an email from PayGate which contains a link to a secure payment page. It will arrive from the email address: [email protected]
- When you click this link you’ll be taken to their secure payment page where you can complete
- PayGate will notify you of your successful transaction via a separate email
- If your transaction was declined, PayGate will advise you and offer you an alternative payment path
- If you need help, please do Contact us
- Online payment is as simple and secure as this …